The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

An attempt to start blogging again...

It's been quite a while since I posted anything here. Summertime makes it harder, quite frankly, because I can't think straight long enough to get my thoughts sorted out to type them, particularly with my rowdy little boys running circles around me and needing stuff. I love being a mom, but it doesn't make for quiet times of reflection when we are on break from school. :-)

I haven't known where to start again, but I've felt the need to start posting again, whether anyone else is reading this or not. I like getting thoughts written down, especially ones that I think might impact someone else the way they've impacted me.

I was just reading in Romans and read a verse that puts into words something I know I was taught, but didn't realize was stated so well in just one verse, even though I'm sure I've read it several times in my life, and I thought it worth sharing:

Romans 3:20 says, "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."

I think perhaps now that I have kids to whom I am working hard to teach the Word of God, there are certain things that are standing out to me now as I work to convey these principles to them. This is one of them. We all sin. We all will keep sinning. God's grace is what saves us through our faith in Him, believing that He died on the cross to save us from our sin, raising to life again, and coming to live in our hearts when we trust Him and ask His forgiveness.

Romans 3:22-24 says, "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ."

Justified FREELY by His GRACE!

I pray my children understand this the best our human minds can comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment