The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Monday, June 7, 2010

Tyler's Baptism

My 6 year old son, Tyler, was baptized yesterday, Sunday, June 6, 2010. What a wonderful day for us all! My earlier post tells the story of when he asked Jesus into his heart. Since then, he has been excited about being baptized.


As we were leaving our 10 day vacation at Orange Beach, he said, "I know what's next. I'm getting baptized!" I love the pure joy and excitement he has about it.


My mom and one of my sisters, Carrie, and her 3 children were able to come down to be there for his baptism. Our close friends, Kurt and Mandy Goodwin and their boys, Dylan and Hayden, also came to church with us for it.


The pictures below did not capture this moment, but hopefully I'll be able to post a video later of the baptism. As Pastor Kirk was immersing Tyler in the water, Tyler let his feet come up in the air! I thought it was just perfect!


It was a special day. We even got a cake to celebrate! Jeremy picked it out, based on Tyler's tastes, not his own. It was a chocolate fudge cake. (Yummy!)


Here are a few pictures from the day:


Going into the water




Pastor Kirk asking Tyler if he has asked Jesus into his heart



Coming out of the water





A proud Christian (earplugs and all!)
A very happy family photo
(Well, that's the best we can get out of Tucker sometimes)








4 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you posted the pictures and a bit of the story. I know you're so happy. Wish I could have been there - especially for the chocolate fudge cake. (Is that heresy?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of Tyler and his decision! What a wonderful day for all of you...wish we could have been there too. Give Tyler hugs for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Tyler!! I know your mom and dad are proud!!
    p.s. you all look so tan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all so proud! And the tans - that's what 10 days on the beach with beautiful weather will do! :)

    ReplyDelete