The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Friday, March 12, 2010

Today

Today is just a day that I want to write. I'm not a writer by nature, but it really helps me get my thoughts and feelings in order. If I am just sitting, thinking, my mind wanders around. So, if I really want to sort out my thoughts and feelings, I write. I also do this with my prayers. If I am going to really spend some time in prayer, I get my journal out and write it out. (Although, typing is much faster and easier on the hands.)

Earlier today, I was typing out some thoughts and feelings that are quite frankly too personal to share with the world. But it really helped me feel better to get it out, even if it wasn't TO anyone. When I feel sad or depressed, I have a hard time getting myself out of it. But, God helped me through it today.

The sun is shining and the temperatures are just about perfect, so I opened the windows and let some fresh air in. As I was sitting on the couch, I noticed (again) all of the dog hair on the couches, so I decided to vacuum those, which takes a while with all the pillows and cushions on them. But, Tucker wanted to help too, so it turned out to be something that we worked on together.

Then, I took the vacuum to the window sills since I noticed how badly they needed cleaning when I opened them. They also got a good cleaning with some handy Clorox wipes. (I love those things!)

I know that this type of cleaning may sound painful to most of you (if anyone is reading this), but it is very therapeutic to me. With spring in the air, and my need to do something productive to raise my mood, cleaning is something that helps me feel better when my mood is down.

My dilemma usually comes when I get too focused on cleaning and my housework to spend the amount of time that I should with Tucker during the day when Tyler is at school. I can get pretty obsessed with my housework. There are so many times that I would LOVE to feel relaxed and free enough to just let it go and do something fun with my boys. But, for some reason, I seem to keep thinking about all of the things I could "just do real quick" before I pay attention to them. (If anyone has any advice for me, I'd love to hear it.)

But today, Tucker wanted to help, so it was a win/win situation. Perhaps he has realized that this is what Mommy does, and it is a good way to do something with me. We play a lot of games - board games, Wii games - and we even practiced writing some letters today. But, he typically plays so well by himself during the day that I have become accustomed to just letting him do that while I go about my business of housework and other things. I would love to change this, but am not sure how to start.

Well, I really feel like I am just rambling. This is kind of what I created this blog for... just to have a place to keep my thoughts and share some things going on in my life, whether anyone reads it or not. Thanks for reading this far. :)

2 comments:

  1. I WISH I received therapy through cleaning my house. I'm sure Kevin wishes this, too. But, alas, I am not wired this way. Sooooo . . . if you need some more therapy, you and Tucker can come on up to Jackson with your Clorox wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am longing for a visit with y'all! We'll have to figure out a time to come soon!

    ReplyDelete