The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Friday, February 24, 2012

He is Faithful!

I am amazed at how much God has blessed me. I may have written this before. But I just feel so blessed. I have a loving husband who works hard to provide for our family. I have two amazing little boys who are healthy and fun and bring such joy to our lives. I have a beautiful home that I enjoy with my family. And I am able to be a stay at home mom, taking care of my wonderful family and home. I am so blessed.


I also love the time I have in the mornings, once I've sent the kids to school and the husband to work, that I get to spend with the Lord. It is so quiet and I can really dwell on Him. It has made such a difference in my life, and I am thankful for this time. 


"Jesus Calling," by Sarah Young, said this today: "Be still in the light of My Presence, while I communicate Love to you." As a mother of two little boys who are full of life (i.e. loud and active), it is essential that I find time to "be still" and really dwell in His Presence, allowing His Love to surround me. My whole outlook on life, but particularly the daily things that may seem insignificant, is truly impacted by this. I have found true joy and peace in Him.


Now, this is not to say that I don't still have days when I feel down or overwhelmed. But it does mean that I have hope, and that I know where to turn when I feel this way. It's not always easy to get back up, but knowing where to go for help makes all the difference in the world. As much as I love and depend on my husband, he is not the one I should turn to to pick me back up. Only Jesus can really do this. People fail. God does not. This is a promise that I can rely on. God is in control of my life, and I can depend on Him to help me through anything I may face, big or small. For this, I am so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Christy...I, too, am blessed, and though I do work part time everyday at my kids' school, I love the morning quiet I have after I drop them off. God has done so much in my walk with Him through this time that I spend with Him...I have to write it all down in my journal so I don't forget! I love when He gives us little glimpses of Him, don't you?

    Love in Christ, my sister. :)

    ReplyDelete