The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Peace

On this rainy day here in St. Francisville, LA, God still gives me a few peeks of the sun to help me know He's with me. As I was journaling a prayer to Him, sitting in my glider by the windows of our sitting area, the sun peeked through at a particular time, for just a few seconds, and I really felt God's Presence with me. Isn't it amazing how that can happen when we are focused on God? We can really recognize Him.

I also took a little walk down to the pond this morning after bringing the garbage cans back up to the house. It was soggy from all the rain, but it was so peaceful. There are geese and ducks by the pond. And I watched the two ducks waddle back into the water and swim around, side by side. It was nice. Nature is just so beautiful, peaceful, and calming. And I needed that. I've always enjoyed just sitting in the quiet of nature. It can heal.

There are so many things changing and so many decisions to make, that it's just good to see the beauty of God's creation, to feel His peace. I guess that's part of the reason Jeremy likes to go fishing down there after work. Or why he's always enjoyed fishing and hunting. Just to be in nature, away from the worries of life and decisions and responsibilities, and enjoy time in the beauty God has given us.

I thank God all the time that he's given us this home to enjoy as long as we are here. We are surrounded by this beauty and quiet. He knows what we need and when we need it. He's in control of our lives, and I thank Him for it!


2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said any of this better myself. I feel God so much out in the very nature He created for our enjoyment. I think that's why I love to camp with my family...there are no distractions to take away from all that He made.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I'm quite familiar with these feelings. :) I'm glad you felt God's peace in the warm sun & rain, the ducks, & geese. It really is so simple & profoundly beautiful all at once.

    ReplyDelete