The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Friday, March 26, 2010

What are they thinking?

My children cannot possibly be using their brains sometimes. Tucker came be-bopping into my room at 4:30 AM saying that he and Tyler were hungry and wanted breakfast! Are you kidding me? I was VERY asleep and just said "Absolutely not! It's 4:30 in the morning! Go back to bed and go to sleep - NOW!"

I heard some noise and a light flick on and off in the pantry. I'm not sure if they got anything. Again...I was asleep. About an hour later, Tucker comes back into my room asking me to help him go potty. I get up and realize he is still wide awake. It's pretty apparent that he has not gone back to sleep. So, after he goes potty, I take him back into their bedroom and find Tyler under his blanket on the floor with a bottle of water and playing his DS! I'm not sure what Tucker had been doing. He was probably just watching Tyler since he couldn't find his own DS (it was in my purse).

I was not so patient at this point. I scolded them and made them get back in their beds. That was around 5:30. At 6 am (on the dot), they come out of their bedroom like it's time to get up. I am not fussing anymore. I simply put my head under my pillow and try to go back to sleep (although not very effectively). Tucker came in again just after they got up asking for food again. I said "No. Go away and let me sleep!" (I'm not a morning person, especially EARLY morning.) He walks away saying he'll just get a pop-tart. Fine with me!

As we are getting Tyler ready for school a little later, I ask him how early he really got up, and what he was doing. He said he had been up for 2 hours before I came in their room. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but they were obviously up well before 4:30 this morning.

I just don't get it! What are they thinking?!?!

6 comments:

  1. Tyler HAS to! Tucker is out cold on the couch right now. He fell asleep around 10:45. He'll have to wake up by 2 to go up to the school for Tyler's Easter party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. Well, maybe it didn't feel hilarious at 4:30am, but kids obviously have very little concept of time - much less thinking about how they might feel the next day. This is probably just the beginning of all the mischief those 2 will secretly be up to in the coming years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did have to wake Tucker up at 2 to go to the school. Tyler looks tired, but will not admit it. Thank you for the reminder, Laurie, of what I will be losing sleep over in the future. There will be lots of secret mischief, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Tyler is now telling me it was 2:25 am when he woke up, and he didn't go back to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Didn't you know it's POP-Tart O'Clock all day long??!!

    ReplyDelete