The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Monday, January 23, 2012

Again?

Well, God's working on me again...or still. I'm not going to share details. But today, I'm clinging, quite hard, to Jeremiah 29:11: " 'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, ' plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.' "

From the book "Jesus Calling" these words are also prevalent for me today: "If you believe that I am Sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations. Don't waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been. Start at the present moment - accepting things exactly as they are - and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances."

I know that God is in control of what will happen in my life. I sure wish I knew what His plan was and how it was going to work out. But that is what He's teaching me, right? To just trust Him to work it out. I'm firmly believing that it will all work out "for the good of those who love Him."

In the meantime...I pray. I don't think I've spent this much time in constant prayer in my life. I'm glad that I have Jesus to cling to, to love me, to guide me. I'd be a crazy and very bitter person otherwise. Anyone who would like to pray for us too is welcome to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment