The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Heart

Most of my heart is 15 time zones away right now. My amazing husband has been in Japan since last Tuesday. He will return this Thursday, extremely jet-lagged, I'm sure. I think this is the longest we've been apart since we got married. So it's been kind of hard for me.

He's in Tokyo for work, and there is a 15 hour time difference. This makes it a bit of a challenge to get to talk, but we've managed to do it at least once a day. Thank the Lord for Skype! I really am thankful for Skype. To be able to actually see him while I'm talking to him helps SO much! I've stayed up pretty late a few nights to be able to talk to him once he got a chance after work. And the boys and I got up earlier yesterday and I drove them to school so we'd have a little bit of time to talk to him before he went to sleep. They also got a quick good morning from him this morning before they got on the bus. These things make him feel not quite so far away and make this week and a half much more bearable. Have I mentioned before that I don't function as well without him?!

Well, the latest news on our move to Japan is that we will not be going until August. This could also change again on any given day. We'll see. Although I get worked up at first whenever I'm given new information that changes my plans, I've learned that if I just go straight to God in prayer about it, He is giving me amazing peace about it all! I've always believed that God gives me peace, but I'm still kind of amazed at the reality of this in this experience. I'm "rolling with the punches" that are coming at us. And I know that as long as Jeremy and I and the boys are together, we can go (or stay) anywhere and be happy in our adventures.

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with my incredible husband and 2 amazing little boys, who are getting not quite so little as each day passes. And I'm so thankful for the love, prayers and support of my extended family. I rely on their prayers a lot too. I'm blessed to have some amazing prayer warriors in my family. I go to them for advice a lot too. It's so nice to know that I can talk to them whenever I need to, even if I'm on the other side of the world. Technology is wonderful, when it's cooperating. :) (Mama, we've got to get you a webcam so we can Skype!)

God is in control, and I'm trusting that He's working things out for what's best for us!

1 comment:

  1. Just happened to check up on blogs today and read this! I'm thinking about you and so excited for this process for you and the family. Talk about a learning experience all around! Today the lesson of patience and communication, tomorrow Japanese!!

    ReplyDelete