The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Friday, February 19, 2010

I know...

I had to discipline Tucker tonight, as is the case quite often lately. He's 3 years old and pushing the limits as much as he can. Without going into detail about it all, a moment I wanted to share (and remember) came right after the discipline. As I finished talking to him and told him that I loved him and wanted him to learn to be good and obey, he hugged me tightly and said, "I know." And it wasn't one of those "I know, I know...just let me go." It was a sincere "I know" with a tight squeeze. It really helps the hard times of discipline to know that he really knows that I love him even while he is being punished. I pray that one day (maybe soon!) he will understand that it is because I love him so much that I must discipline him. I tell both of my boys this each time, I just hope they'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment