The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Whoever's on the Bible Wins"

"Whoever's on the Bible wins!" This is what Tucker proclaims to me as he is racing his batmobiles around me as I was attempting to have my "quiet" time this morning. As soon as he said it, I almost laugh at the way God is teaching me things about Him. Here I am reading a devotional, and God uses Tucker's playtime to teach me something that is sticking with me more so than what I was reading.

I guess, technically, he could have said whoever is IN the Bible wins. But, I got the point. If I am IN God's Word, studying and memorizing verses, along with spending time in prayer, I will be able to defeat the enemy and all of the things he throws at me, like complaining, grumbling, anger... (the list is long, so I'll stop there).

What is funny is that this actually goes along with what I was reading in my devotional. It was about having the right weapon to defeat our opponent. The writer was using a softball analogy about having the right bat to be an effective batter. We need to memorize God's Word so that we will have the right verse(s) in our mind as we are struggling with whatever has been thrown at us.

It is amazing and funny all at the same time how God teaches me what it is that I need to hear from Him each day. I am really enjoying the time I am getting to spend with Him in His Word, even if there are batmobiles racing around me sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. He's like his Daddy in so many ways. Here, he is full of one-liners filled with wisdom and practicality. :)

    ReplyDelete