The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Wonderful Husband

I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband, Jeremy. He is my best friend. I don't think that I let him know enough how much I love and respect and appreciate him. He is so good to me. He often tells me how much he loves me, how beautiful I am, and how much he appreciates what I do as wife and mother in our home.

He is an excellent provider for our family. He loves his boys. He is loving and generous, firm in his discipline, fun to be with, full of wisdom and practicality. I look to him for so much. My heart jumps everyday when I hear the door opening, signaling his arrival home from work. I love that it does that. I look forward to seeing his face, his beautiful eyes, his smile, and feeling his arms around me and his gentle kiss. My world seems right when I am with him.

Granted, I breathe a sigh of relief that I have some help with the boys when he gets home. But, he doesn't even have to do anything. Just knowing that he is there, I breathe easier and usually calm down a bit in his presence. His laid-back attitude in life definitely complements my tendency to get stressed about even the smallest things. I am a better person with him.

As Christians, we know that it was God that put us together, and we thank Him often for blessing us with one another. It is also this faith that makes our marriage strong. Yes, we have our difficulties. Anyone who says they don't is just lying. But, because of our faith in God and our love for each other, we work through these times and come out of them stronger in our faith and in our marriage.

I told Jeremy yesterday that I had started a blog. He jokingly asked if I was going to complain about him on it. Of course I told him that was crazy. And as I think more about that, and things that I have read lately, I want to be sure that I absolutely do not do that. My husband wants and needs my respect. My commitment and love for him will remain, even when I am feeling mad, sad, upset, or whatever it may be. It would do nothing positive to complain about him to other people. I want to always show the love and respect for him that he deserves! He is a wonderful, godly man that I look forward to spending the rest of my life with, and I want our children to see and hear the love and respect we have for one another too.

Ephesians 5:33 says "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." BOTH of these things need to be present in a marriage. It is also something that has to be done. Love and respect are action verbs here - something we are to do, not something that we should just feel. That also means that we can choose to do these things. I choose to love and respect Jeremy. And I feel that our marriage will remain strong for the rest of our life together.

1 comment: