The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Monday, February 22, 2010

When life seems hard...

There are so many days that I am so thankful that I am a Christian. If I did not have Christ in my life, I'm certain I would be a miserable person. My feelings, emotions, and self-confidence rely so much on the people around me and how they are feeling about me at the time. I'm sure this is not entirely healthy, and I've never sought "help" to work on this, but I do not deny it. Although I know my worth is in Christ, I am an emotional woman who needs the affirmation of her husband, children, family & friends to make me feel like I am important to them.

I love God, and I am so thankful for his mercy and grace that saved me. I truly rely on Him to give me peace and joy. I think I just seek out that joy in my family & friends, or perhaps that's how He provides the joy in my life. Thankfully, I have good people in my life that love me and love God.

But, when times seem difficult... like I'm not feeling loved, appreciated, respected, or heard, I turn to God, and I know He will always see me as His. He loves, appreciates, respects, and listens to me. If I did not know this about Him, I am certain I would have problems. Thankfully, I know Him and that He loves and cares for me, and I can get through the hard times relying on His love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment