The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bevell Family Vacation

A couple of weeks ago, my family all met in Gatlinburg for a few days. Obviously this had to be planned out well in advance for all 21 of us to be able to be there at the same time. These times together are rare and precious. We have always been a close family and love being together.

Most of us (the Bullocks, the Crafts, the Partridges, and my mom) met up in Jackson, MS, and made the 10 hour drive up there in caravan. (The Crafts had flown into MS from Seattle earlier that week to visit other family.) That made the long drive much easier for the kids since they got to ride together, which made it easier for the grown-ups not having to listen to "when are we gonna be there?!" The Albrittons made their 10 hour drive in from VA, and my dad and his wife made their drive from AR through Nashville to pick up my brother.

It was a wonderful time in the Smokey Mountains with the people that I love most in this world. All of our kids (the 9 grandchildren) love getting being together too. We were there for 4 nights, but decided that wasn't long enough to fit in all of the desserts we wanted to make and eat, even with more than one dessert a couple of nights! After all, chocolate is the tie that binds the Bevell family together.

We went swimming one day. With all 21 of us there, we pretty much took over the pool, but also managed to entertain the few others that were there. We went hiking one day, which is apparently where I took pretty much all of my pictures. We had a 700-balloon water balloon fight, which went very quickly. We built a fire and made s'mores, which my kids like to make, but not eat, so I was eating more than my share! We had a birthday party for the four July birthdays. And we just spent time together, enjoying being together.

I love my family - all of them. And I cherish the times when we are all together, no matter how exhausted I am when it's all over.






















No comments:

Post a Comment