The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tucker to Kindergarten?

Well, I received Tucker's teacher assignment in the mail today for kindergarten! How can this be possible? I know all mothers think this when the time comes for each of their children to start school. The time just goes too quickly. They seem too little to be ready for all of this. But, I'm confident that he is ready, so off he will go.

Since we moved, both boys will be starting at new schools this year. Tyler seems confident and excited, which I am thankful for. But Tucker has been saying he doesn't want to go, which hasn't made me feel good about sending him. But after getting the teacher assignment, I went to the school's website, where each teacher has her own website where we can see her and read about her and see pictures of her classroom. I showed these to Tucker, and when we finished, he ran off saying, "I love my school already!" This makes my heart glad!

He also has to go before school starts to do a screening. They do this for all of the children, not just the new ones. I have no doubt in his abilities, but I'm praying now for his shyness (is that a real word?). Hopefully I can be out of the room so he will not cling to me, but be able to show and tell her what he knows. I mean, he's been reading, quite easily, for a while now. (Not to brag or anything :), but he amazes me with the ease in which he reads so much.) And he loves math too, and does that easily. And I doubt that she'll even try to ask him questions like that before entering kindergarten. He's got the basic kindergarten skills down pat.

We sent him to pre-k last year for 2 mornings a week, and he ended up LOVING it! I sure hope that he gets - and stays - as excited about kindergarten. I'm just not sure how I'm going to handle being at home alone all these days! (You can start praying for me now.) :)

Well, both boys want to ride the bus this year. I've said that I'll let them try, especially since they can ride the same bus. We will see how long it lasts. Who knows? It may work out well for us all, even though I've always been the overprotective parent who didn't want my baby on a bus out of my control. I'm pretty sure I get that honestly from my father.

So, Tucker will begin "real school" in 2 weeks. I pray that he will thrive and love it all and make new friends. (And that I will not go into a depression being at home alone.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment