The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Praying for my Husband

As promised...more blog posts! I just have a lot more quiet time to think these days. I am spending actual quiet time, uninterrupted, as long as I want, with the Lord each morning. This has not happened like this in quite some time. I have to admit, it is so good, and just what I need, especially at this juncture in my life.

Today I began reading Tracie Miles' 14 Days to a Healthier Marriage. She is an author and speaker for the Proverbs 31 ministries. I have their "Encouragement for Today" devotions emailed to me. I really enjoy them. They spur me on to my quiet time every morning, and I really look forward to reading them.

I just started it this morning, so I read through the intro and day 1, which is praying for your husband. She says she realized she had been praying to God about her husband and not for her husband. Now, I have always prayed for my husband. And I honestly don't have many complaints about him to pray for God to "fix," as she references to. But this encouraged me to begin praying more intently for him, and to be very specific about it. She said that Stormie Omartian's The Power of a Praying Wife is what inspired this in her. And in this book, there are chapters with specific aspects of your husband's life to pray for. So, this is where I am going to start.

No matter what state your marriage is in - wonderful and happy, stable but not amazing, or really shaky - praying for your husband is an amazing thing to do. It will benefit him and you. I believe that I will also begin seeing things that I can do to make our marriage even better. I am looking forward to what God is going to do in our lives and in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment