The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of School

Good grief. My baby started kindergarten today.

I just about don't know what to say about this. As I was walking him to his classroom, he was kind of talking to himself, or maybe to me. But he sounded like me talking to myself. I heard, "My first day of school! I'm excited...no, I'm not. I'm nervous...no, I'm not." He's just trying to figure this all out. He went to pre-k last year for 2 mornings a week, for a total of 6 hours a week. Now, he'll in going to kindergarten 5 days a week for 7 hours a day. That's quite an adjustment!

He is a young kindergartener. He is still 4, but will be 5 on Sept. 8. The cut-off date here in LA is Sept. 30. But he's such a smart little boy! He has been reading quite well for a while now. I know he will adjust and will love kindergarten. After all, kindergarten is the most fun grade! :) And he has a very sweet teacher, Mrs. James, who I've heard is great. I also met the teacher across the hall from his classroom this morning. She lives right across the pond from us, and was also super sweet and reassuring, telling me to let her know if we needed anything, and that she'd send her number home with Tucker for me. :) I like having people watching out for my babies when I can't.

Today is really Tyler's 4th day of school, but I took the pictures this morning like it was the first day for both of them. I forgot the first day for Tyler until we got to school, and then he didn't want me to take any pictures. :) He is in 3rd grade with Mrs. Leake, whom I've heard is awesome, and she really seemed great when I met her too. He's adjusting very well, other than saying that it feels like he is at school "all day, for like 10 or 11 hours!"

They are both riding the bus. Even though they are technically at different schools, they ride the same bus, and they're both excited about it. Their bus is air-conditioned, which is nice, but they aren't even on it too terribly long, especially considering how long it would take me to get them to and from school. It's well worth it, and they will be together.

I can't wait to see them this afternoon when they get off the bus! I hope Tucker will tell me about his day. I imagine he will tell Tyler all about it on their ride home, but hopefully I'll get to hear some of it too. I haven't fallen apart today like I thought I would, which is good. I'll have to adjust being at home alone all day!

Here are pictures of my boys:



Tucker on his first day of kindergarten! How precious is he in his uniform?!


Tyler in 3rd grade! So big and so sweet!


Tucker waiting in the hallway before going into his classroom


Tucker waiting on the mat, ready to start kindergarten!


1 comment:

  1. Good times and good memories! I know it's a hard adjustment. And I'm sure you'll find plenty of ways to be productive while they're at school. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete