The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Boys getting off the bus after Tucker's 1st day of kindergarten (and Tyler's 4th day of 3rd grade)



Tucker's first day of kindergarten is over. He (and I) survived. I only teared up a few times during the day, which is a lot better than I expected. He did great going in, so I was anxious to hear how the day went.


Unfortunately, his teacher was not able to be at school this first week. Her husband had heart surgery and still needed her help at home. So, understandably, she stayed home with him for a few more days. I believe she is going to be a great teacher for Tucker, and that he will love her and the class. But, her absence made his first day not the best it could have been.


He did not like the substitute. I'm not sure what the deal was, but he made sure I knew he didn't like her. Apparently she wasn't very nice or very fun, and I think they had to do a lot of worksheets and stuff that perhaps they wouldn't have had to do had his teacher been there.


Yesterday was just the kindergarten boys' day to go. Today, just the girls will go. Friday, all of them will go. Then Monday, the teacher will be back and things will be better. I just hope they have a different sub tomorrow so Tucker has a better second day.


He said he liked the boys in his class...well, at least some of them. :) And the classroom was good. So, I'm confident his kindergarten year will be a good one. We've just got to get his teacher back!

No comments:

Post a Comment