The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Happy Fishermen

Of all my boys, my husband is the one who loves having the pond behind our house the most. After a long day at work, he loves to unwind by fishing. Sometimes the boys want to go out there with him, but sometimes they don't.

Last night after dinner, all four of us went out there. Jeremy and Tyler started fishing. Tucker did a little, but his attention span seems to be pretty short, especially when he's not getting any bites. Tyler caught a couple, but Jeremy seemed to have the bait they wanted last night.

He was super excited about his big catch last night. He hadn't seen one this big in the pond before, and was glad I had my phone with me to take pictures. He said it was probably about a 5 lb. bass. I was about to take a turn fishing. He cast it, hooked it, then handed it to me to reel in. Then he realized how big it was (and how much I was struggling) and said "Can I have it back?" in a very sweet way but with child-like excitement. Of course, I gave it back. :)

Here is the documentation of the evening's catch:


Tyler's first catch of the night


One of Jeremy's catches



The big one! And a big smile to match!



Tyler's trying to take credit (behind Jeremy's back)!



Showing the size of it's mouth




See how big it is compared to the size of the boys



A happy fisherman




1 comment: