The Bullocks

The Bullocks

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tyler, my 3rd grader

So, Tyler's already a 3rd grader! How does the time go by so fast? Each year I compare his school picture to the previous years, and it just amazes me to see the changes. He's growing up so much!

We haven't received his teacher assignment yet, but he's not worried about starting at a new school this year, which is a relief. He loved Spanish Lake and had good friends there. But I am thankful for his confidence to go into a new place. He actually said "School's really not that bad. I'm kind of ready for it."

He is also helping to encourage Tucker about his first year of school. Kindergarten is the "fun year." :) They both want to ride the bus, so we're going to try that. Even though they will be at different schools (Bains Elementary & Bains Lower Elementary), they get to ride the same bus since the schools are right next door to each other and not that large. I've heard their bus driver is the best too! She knows and loves each of the students and takes care of them and checks on them. So that puts my mind at ease a little.

At the end of last year, I asked that Tyler be tested for gifted. They managed to squeeze in the testing, and he did awesome! So, once they get his IEP done in the next couple of weeks, he will get to be in a gifted class each afternoon for a little while, and he's really looking forward to it. We are certainly proud of him. I'm proud of his confidence in it all, as well as his determination.

I pray that he will have a wonderful 3rd grade experience, make great new friends, and love his new school. And once again...that I will make it at home alone without my two boys. :) It's going to be so quiet with just me and the dog, since he just sleeps all day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Tyler got in the program. That will work so much better for challenging him. Good luck with being home alone! Start scrapbooking about their school years or take up meditation!! Free time is the best!!

    ReplyDelete